It is immaterial whether you want to become a civil lawyer, a criminal lawyer or a tax lawyer: you become a lawyer following a path that does not change depending on the chosen specialization.
In this guide you will find all the necessary steps and an explanation of the process to become a lawyer, from the university study path to the forensic practice, from the qualifying examination to the actual exercise of the profession.
You will find some very useful tips and all the details you should know before embarking on this path. Now that there are so many Sydney criminal defense lawyers that are there and that is the reason that you can have the best deals here.
The Right Guide
- The first step to becoming a lawyer is to enroll at the University and obtain a degree in law .
- It is not necessary to have followed a particular address during high school (classical, scientific, artistic) to enroll in the university is sufficient a baccalaureate degree.
- In most cases, enrollment in the faculty of law is free and there is no closed number or admission test.
Currently the universities offer different courses of study:
- Master’s Degree in Law (5 years)
- Graduated in Law with old system (4 years)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Legal Sciences + Specialist Degree in Jurisprudence (cd. 3 + 2)
- To become a lawyer, you can choose the path you prefer: what matters is to have a law degree.
The forensic practice
Once a law degree has been obtained, a period of legal training is required, also called forensic apprenticeship. This phase is essential for your training and represents a true crossroads for your professional future.
First of all, as you will realize, “jurisprudence” is a faculty in which the theory is predominant, 90-95% of the exams are oral and one of the greatest difficulties encountered by law students is precisely that of imagining and channeling into practice what have learned.
Graduates in law know the fundamental principles of law but have no idea what it means to be a lawyer.
This is why the apprenticeship has been introduced: who wants to become a lawyer must necessarily carry out a training period “in the field”, after graduation.
Furthermore, it is at this stage that you will have to make your first real choice regarding the branch of the law that you are most passionate about to specialize in it. So you can also understand that when you go for the right kind of legal service then also the lawyers that you would choose would have to come up with all these qualifications and skills. This is why acquiring those skills happens to be quite important.