Did you know that you have a number of rights, even if you are dealing with a DUI of any sort? Even if you have already been arrested and/or charged with a DUI, you have the right to a fair trial with the help of an attorney. How do you defend a DUI charge or arrest? Here are 5 ways to do so.
- Prove that you weren’t driving. If you were not the person driving the car, and you got a DUI charge anyway, then you have rights that will allow you to get through court. Find ways to prove that you weren’t the driver and you can avoid DUI charges from staying on your record.
- Prove that the Officer Made a Mistake. This is probably the most common way to beat a DUI arrest. If you can prove that, in some way, shape, or form, that the officer made a mistake in pulling you over, the whole charge can be thrown out.
- Show that there were other reasons for you to have failed field sobriety tests. In some cases, a physical or learning disability could be why you didn’t pass these tests – be able to prove that in court and you may be able to get out of charges.
- Challenge the Officer’s Credibility. If you are dealing with a case where you hadn’t drank before you got in the car or something else, you may be able to challenge the officer’s credibility in regards to the case.
- Talk to your attorney for other suggestions. Your attorney is your best resource and they can work with you so that you can sort out just what is going on and how you want to take care of things as well. By taking the time to see what can be done, your attorney can figure out a defense that will work.